For any offline business to succeed, professional services or brick and mortar, it is important to have traffic to your website. Without traffic, a website will not make any sales and the offline small business will fail to get new customer from the internet. It is therefore important that you know how to drive traffic to your website.
You can drive traffic to your website on any budget, and this article outlines all the essential ways through which you can drive traffic to your website.
- Provide fresh, unique and useful content on your website. People go online to look for information and also buy what they need. It is therefore important for you to have high quality and unique content on your website so that visitors to your website will spend more time on your website, bookmark your website and also buy from you. In addition, if you have lots of useful information on your website, you will be considered as an expert in your niche, and you will therefore easily get customers.
- Optimize your website for search engines. In order for your site to be found on the search engines when people are looking for information, product or services, make sure that your products or service keywords and phrases are in your headlines and in the rest of the content on your website. This means that your website will show up and will rank high when people look for those keywords on your website, and this will drive more traffic to your website.
- Drive traffic to your website using PPC (Pay per Click) advertising. If you have the money to pay for the advertising, you can run an advertisement with Google Adwords or Yahoo Overture to drive traffic to your website.
- Write and submit articles. This is a very powerful tool for driving traffic to your website. In all your articles, make sure you have a resources box or author’s biography which will your website’s URL. After reading your article, people will want to visit your website, so the more articles you write the more traffic you will drive to your website.
- Share your new post to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest and submit it to social bookmarking sites and ask your visitor to comment and share your post.
- Participate in targeted forums. This is one of the most effective ways of driving traffic to your website. Make useful posts in the forums that are related to your niche, and have your website link in your signature.
- Use viral marketing to drive traffic to your website. Write free e-books or short reports with a link to your website. Have a link to your website on your blog and on any press release that you write. These will drive traffic to your website.
- Use video marketing to drive traffic to your website. You can create a video about your product or service that you offer on your website and post that on YouTube. Add your website link on that video, and this will make sure that people who view your video will also visit your website.
By following the 8 tips outline above, you can drive a lot of traffic to your website, boost your sales and grow your offline small business profits.