Video directories, like Youtube, Vidler, Ustream ,etc provide excellent opportunities to promote your online brand and present yourself as an authority in your niche via online video marketing. They provide one of the best, fastest and cheapest ways to drive increase traffic to your site. Using online video marketing to brand yourself as an authority in your niche will help people find you, and more importantly, generate leads.
Here are 4 basic tips you should incorporate as you begin to use online video marketing to help brand yourself as an authority in your niche.
1) Provide valuable, relevant content – In addition to videos you post to serve as “commercials” for your business, it is important that you also post videos that provide real solutions and answers that help with issues your clients are facing. If you can incorporate humor, testimonials, or advice on a specific issue you will receive much better reviews than you would receive for a simple video advertisement.
2) Involve the audience – As you are working on your online video marketing campaign, remember to ask your viewers to rate your video and leave their comments. The more ratings and comments your video garners, the higher it will rank in Youtube search results. By all means, do not censor the remarks, as allowing the negative as well as the good to be displayed shows your authenticity and transparency.
3) The Video Description and SEO – Before you post your marketing video online make sure that you have planned your strategy for using it to gain exposure. There are four areas you focus on in order to make the most of your online video marketing efforts:
- Name Your Video File: include your keywords in the file name for your online video marketing. For example, if you are an SEO writer and have a testimony of a satisfied client you helped with a tough project, your video would be named something such as, “Greg_Doe_SEO_Web_Content_Client_Testimonial_10_22_2011.mp4.?
- Your Video’s Title: include your keywords to help with getting your video ranked in the search engine results. You might want to use the same title as the name of the online video marketing file, but include spaces for a more natural read. Using our previous example the title of the video might be “Greg Doe SEO Web Content Client Testimonial 10/22/2011.
- Describe Your Video: Again, your main keyword should appear at or near the beginning of your description. You can also try to repeat the keyword in your description as long as it sounds natural to the reader.
- Video Tags: Once again, the keyword is King, use it in the tags for your online video marketing efforts.. By doing so it will increase the chances of ranking well in search results.
4) Online video marketing promotion via Social Bookmarking – Social bookmarking sites are a great way to gain visibility for your online video marketing efforts. Consider popular sites like Digg, Propeller and StumbleUpon as well as many others that can help you expose your video to a greater audience. Users will see your online video marketing efforts on these sites and can vote it up if it appeals to them, which ultimately brings you even greater visibility and site traffic.
Online video marketing is one of the most powerful and least expensive ways to promote your brand. If you apply these simple strategies consistently, and upload videos on a regular basis, you can quickly begin to see greater interest in your business and brand.