WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING?
Social media marketing is a term that describes the act of using social networks, online communities, blogs, wikis or any other collaborative Internet form of media for marketing, sales, public relations and customer service. Common social media marketing tools include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Flickr and YouTube.
In the context of Internet marketing, social media refers to a collective group of web properties whose content is primarily published by users, not direct employees of the property.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- Traffic from the Social Media Network – traffic is great for major websites where the business model is based on site Social Media Traffic Bottleneck session numbers, page views advertising impressions and CPC models. Major media websites can benefit greatly from social media as leveraging social news sites that can deliver thousands upon thousands of relatively targeted users to a site.
- Brand Impressions – impressions are a result of traffic and more unique sessions on a website. Various forms of social media can drive consistent brand impressions and exposure through targeted communities.
- Links – links are critical to Search Engine Optimization (SEO). As such, some social media campaigns should be viewed as part of an SEO strategy. Google and other search engines weigh the value of each link and the overall composition of those links as they relate to your website.
Tagging , Sharing, Commenting and Bookmarking
Good content, when properly distributed in targeted social networks will in many cases be tagged, commented, and shared by users who have accounts in those networks. Commented, shared and tagged contents end up being revisited by friends of those users who originally tagged the content, but also will show up in social network site searches.
Popular Social Networking Websites:
- www.Facebook.com -The number 1 social media networking site with over 1 Billion users
- www.Twitter.com – Rank #2 social networking site with over 500 Million users.
- www.Pinterest.com – The fastest growing website that allows you to pin image and videos.
- www.Linkedin.com – The largest professional networking site with over 200 million members
- Google+local – The social networking elements of Google Local
There are hundreds of social networking sites that you can use for your maximum visibility online and the use of social media marketing is must for any businesses today.